Examples of Practical Accountability Questions
Physical | 1 Corinthians 10:31
- What good or bad things did you do this week?
- Examples of how you have been productive?
- Did you exercise and eat the right food?
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory.
Spirituality & Prayer | Matthew 6:6
- What is your “Quiet Time” score (number of days) this week?
- Did you have a hard time reading God’s word and praying?
- What Bible verse has God spoken to you this week?
But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Thought & Purity | Romans 12:2
- Did you have lustful thoughts and how did you deal with it?
- Did you watch porn or fornicated?
Howdid you renew your mind each day?
Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
Words | Matthew 12:36
- Did you say to someone words that are discouraging?
- Words of affirmation you told your parents, siblings, & spouse
? Anynegative words or thoughts about condemnation or self-pity?
I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak.
Conflicts | Colossians 3:13
- What conflict do you have that needs resolution?
- How have I contributed to this conflict
? Howare you moving forward in resolving the conflict?
Accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive.
Witnessing | Matthew 28:19–20
- Did you share a Bible verse or the Gospel to someone?
- How’s your character as a “witness” this week?
- Did you pray for someone using your prayer notebook list?
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
→ Important verses for Biblical accountability.