Why we need accountability-discipleship
Each one of us will give an account of himself to God (Romans 14:12) that is why we need check and balance here on earth. In the same way, we should carry each other’s burdens, thus fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2). Personal accountability with fellow Christians is helpful in maintaining and strengthening a healthy Christian lifestyle (Ecclesiastes 4:12). Accountability also
Examples of Practical Accountability Questions
Physical | 1 Corinthians 10:31
- What good or bad things did you do this week?
- Examples of how you have been productive?
- Did you exercise and eat the right food?
Spirituality & Prayer | Matthew 6:6
- What is your “Quiet Time” score* this week?
- Did you have a hard time reading God’s word and praying?
- What Bible verse has God spoken to you this week?
*Quiet Time is the combination of reading God’s word and prayer. Monday to Saturday will be a perfect 6 points.
Thought & Purity | Romans 12:2
- Did you have lustful thoughts and how did you deal with it?
- Were there any hurtful, vengeful, sinister, or depressing thoughts you had
? Howdid you renew your mind each day?
Words | Matthew 12:36
- Did you say to someone words that are discouraging?
- Words of affirmation you told your parents, siblings, & spouse
? Whatwords from the Bible spoke to you this week?
Conflicts | Colossians 3:13
- What conflict do you have that needs resolution?
- How have I contributed to this conflict
? Howare you moving forward in resolving the conflict?