Basic outline of evidence for the authenticity & historicity of Scriptures above all other religions of the world
Historicity of the Bible
- The Old Testament Bible is God’s words and a historical document written 1,200 BC, with about 10,000 manuscripts discovered. The New Testament (NT) has 25,100 manuscripts discovered with a 99.5% textually pure.
- The New Testament copies are less than 100 years apart from the original.
- Overwhelming archeological evidence of the historical Bible.
- Jesus is a historical figure, attested by extra-Biblical sources. He is the ultimate proof that the Bible is real and God’s words.
- Compared to other ancient manuscripts, nothing comes close to the Judeo-Christian Bible.
Authority compared with ancient manuscripts, the New Testament copies are less than 100 years apart, from the original
- Plato’s work has a span of about 1,200 years and Iliad for nearly 500 years from the original (lost) manuscript. Compared to the NT with less than 100 years difference from the original copy. Accuracy can’t be determined.
- Plato has only seven surviving copies of his works, Homer’s Iliad, with 643 copies of an ancient manuscript. The Bible has 5,600 old photographs of the New Testament (NT) with about 24,000 supporting manuscript bases. Accuracy can’t be determined. Efficiency can’t be determined.
- Greek Historian Herodotus has eight copies of manuscripts. It’s 1,300 years apart from the original. Accuracy can’t be determined.
- Greek playwright Euripedes has nine copies of manuscripts. It’s 1,300 years apart from the original. Accuracy can’t be determined.
- Greek Philosopher Aristotle has 49 copies of manuscripts. It’s 1,400 years apart from the original. Accuracy can’t be determined.
- Emperor Ceasar has ten copies of manuscripts. It’s 1,000 years apart from the original.
- Homer’s Iliad has 643 copies of manuscripts. It’s 500 years apart from the original. Its accuracy (from the original) is 95%. The New Testament is 99.5% accuracy.
- Next, in popularity, the Islam religion was established 600 years after Christianity.
Unique claims found only in the Bible
- Jesus made 17 predictions, and seven came true after his death and resurrection. The rest set towards end times warning.
- Only Christianity has the “Living God,” other religions have dead leaders.
- Only Jesus resurrected and demonstrated power over nature, demons, and life itself.
- Only Christianity illuminates the beginning of the world, the destiny of men, and the assurance salvation. The rest of the religions are about Moralistic Deism.
- Only Jesus died and resurrected so humankind can be saved. The rest is uncertain.
- Today, Jesus continues to reveal himself in places like China and Iran through visions and dreams.
If the resurrection of Jesus faked, Christianity will collapse
The Bible ultimately lead to one prophecy—the salvation of humankind through Jesus Christ. His resurrection is the pillar of Christianity. Atheist Lee Strobel relentlessly tried to prove it did not happen, but failed and ended up becoming a Believer of Christ.
Consequences if Jesus’ resurrection did not happen at all
- Jesus is not who He says He is.
- The apostles are all false witnesses.
- We’re all still in our sins.
- Those who died believing in Jesus still died.
Four proofs that Jesus resurrected
- Jesus died on the cross.
- Early accounts of the resurrection.
- The tomb was empty.
- Presence of eyewitnesses.
10 Most influential intellectual atheists who realized God exist and the Bible true
- Devout Muslim Intellect Nabeel Qureshi investigated Christianity for 15-years. He left Islam for Jesus.
- Investigative journalist Lee Strobel was an atheist and tried to prove the Bible is not true. The evidence he acquired changed his mind and became a Christian.
- Anthony Flew was a famous spokesperson of atheism before Dawkins and Hitchens. The world shocked when he said God exists in 2004 and wrote a book about it. He based it both on empirical and philosophical evidence.
- Alister Edgar McGrath was an intellectual historian, biochemist scientist who believed in evolution, and public intellectual turned Christian apologist.
- Francis Collins is an American physician-geneticist who discovered genes diseases that led to the Human Genome Project. He investigated many faiths, and though resisted, the evidence was clear, and he converted to Christianity.
- David Wood was an atheist diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy). After his jail time, he earned a doctorate in philosophy. He’s a Christian apologist who founded a ministry that critiques Islam.
- Rosalind Picard raised as an atheist and converted as a young adult. She is a scholar and inventor who founded the Affective Computing Research Group at MIT. She received the highest professional honors accorded an engineer.
- Simon Greenleaf was a chief founder of Harvard Law School refers to Christianity as a silly myth. After being challenged by students based on history and evidence, he became a believer in Jesus.
- John Gurdon, a developmental biologist, known for his research in nuclear transplantation and cloning. A Nobel prize for Physiology Medicine. He considered himself agnostic but later referred to himself as a liberal-minded Christian.
- John Eccles was a neurophysiologist, Nobel Prize in Physiology Medicine. A devout Catholic who believed in divine providence over materialistic happenings of biological evolution.