God’s desire for you
Jesus said, in this world, you will have troubles, but “I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). We were separated from God because of sin. Jesus restored our relationship with God the Father when Jesus offered Himself as the “Lamb of God.” (John 3:16)
The cross of Christ is the symbol of freedom, love, and a renewed life. Instead of us paying for our sins, Jesus did by dying on the cross on our behalf. Like a lamb, He was the ultimate sacrifice once and for all generations. (Hebrews 7:27)
What are the fruit of the Spirit?
When Jesus takes hold of our lives, He causes us to “Bear Fruit.” There are “10 fruits,” but it is not in plural form. We begin to bear the “whole bunch” because of the enabling power of God’s spirits—not our ability.
How can I Bear Fruit?
To produce more grapes, the leaves of the grapevine are regularly pruned. Jesus used this plant to illustrate how we can bear fruit. However, there are “fake vines.” Jesus is the “true vine,” and God is the vinedresser.
How will you know the real vine?
- Jesus is omnipresent, ask Him. Believe and receive Him as your personal Savior.
- Get to know Jesus by reading the ‘Book of John’ in your daily Quiet Time.
- Ask Jesus to send the Great Counselor, the Holy Spirit, who will help you understand His words.
- Grow in true repentance, radically changing your mind and have nothing to do with sin.
- Look for a support group or Christian church to help you grow spiritually.
It takes three years for a grapevine to produce fruits. A person who begins to “Bear Fruit,” through the power of the Holy Spirit, is a Christian moving towards maturity
- You will develop a forgiving heart.
- In sadness, you will find joy in knowing Jesus.
- Problems will always be there, but you will have peace.
- You are less impatient. Instead, you trust God in all circumstances.
- Kindness abounds in your heart, even if others are not kind to you.
- The first thing you do when you wake up is to pray and read God’s word.
- You are no longer aggressive or impulsive; you make it a point to speak gently to people, even if they anger you.
- You choose to say NO to sexual immorality, gluttony, or greed.
The Good News of God!
Romans 3:23 “Sin is separation from God”
Romans 6:23 “The penalty for your sin is eternal death”
Romans 5:8 “Jesus paid for our sins”
Romans 10:9-10 “We are saved through Jesus”
Today, you can be a child of God, ask Him through a simple prayer:
– My Prayer –
“Holy Father God, I admit I’m a sinner. By faith, I believe the blood of Jesus paid for all my sins. ‘I declare Jesus is Lord and my Savior,’ and I am now your child who has eternal life through Christ”. ‘I declare Jesus is Lord and my Savior,’ and I am now your child who has eternal life through Christ”. AMEN!