BACKGROUND: Fasting in the Bible was the norm during the Old and New Testament. Jews & Christians did it like clockwork. Jesus Himself fasted. Something supernatural happens when we fast. For example, when the Apostles could not command an evil spirit, Jesus said: “This kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting” (Matthew 17:21). Fasting should always be done with prayer. Without praying, it’s just dieting.
7-Days Prayer & Fasting Devotional Guide
DAY 1 ☀️ Morning: “Act of worship”
Romans 12:2: “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- What do you need to surrender to be “set apart” as God’s people? Confess impure, sinful thoughts, and ask God to give you the “mind of Christ.”
- Write in your prayer journal the “godly qualities” you desire to have.
- Reflect on the “Renewing of your mind” throughout the day.
– Declare –
“My mind, body, soul, and everything I have belongs to Jesus Christ.”
DAY 1 🌙 Bedtime: “Your body is God’s temple”
Colossians 3:5: “Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.”
- What habit, thoughts, or attitude do you have that prevents you from being an effective witness
- Pray and declare the following:
– Pray –
“Holy God, I humble and surrender my thoughts and desires to you. Help me to look beyond my weakness and to look up to Jesus alone.”
– Declare –
“My past, present, and future sins have no power to condemn because I belong to Jesus. I receive His forgiveness and rebuke all demonic influences such as the spirit of impurity, lust, and greed. My mind, body, soul, and everything I have belongs to Christ.”
► NEXT PAGE: Day 2
Thanks for creating this post. It has been helpful.