Three Bible verses that identify those who are not God’s child
Jesus said, not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven (Matthew 7:21-23). In fact, those who follow the world are children of the world, whose ruler is Satan. (Ephesians 2:2)
Even wicked people do good (Matthew 7:9-11) and the devils believe Jesus, yet they won’t go to heaven. Boasting of being good doesn’t merit heaven. Heaven is God’s gift only to those who believe. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Those who follow the world are children of the world, whose ruler is Satan.
→What Bible means by righteousness in Jesus.
Who are not God’s children?
1. Those who embrace worldliness & refuse God’s words
You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and did not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature because he is a liar and the father of lies.
2. Couldn’t fully comprehend & obey God’s words
The one who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason, you do not hear them because you are not of God.
3. They’re unloving and practice unrighteousness
1 John 3:10
By this, the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother (a brother who God’s child).
→ Bible verses that say I am God’s child.
How can I be God’s child?
We are God’s children through Christ. The question is, do you belong to Jesus? Examine yourself to see if you are in the faith unless you find that you are a reprobate and fail the examination (2 Corinthians 13:5).
Take the exam if you are God’s child:
- If you walk in the Light as Jesus is in the Light (1 John 1:7)
- If you say you have sinned and confess sins (1 John 1:8-10)
- If you keep Jesus’ commandments and word – (1 John 2:3-5)
- If you walk in the same manner that Jesus walked – (1 John 2:6)
- If you love your brothers (in Christ) and one another – (1 John 2:9-11; 3:11; 4:20-21)
- If you do not love the world and the things in the world – (1 John 2:15-16)
- If you do the will of God – (1 John 2:17; Matthew 7:21)
- If you practice righteousness – (1 John 2:29)
- If you abide not in sin and don’t practice lawlessness (1 John 3:4-10)
Why am I an atheist?
Are we born good or bad?