Closing the door and breaking the demonic stronghold of sin in your life, and winning through freedom in Christ
Temptation becomes sin when we acknowledge and give in to it. When we entertain sin, it can become a toe-hold, a foot-hold, and eventually a stronghold if a person has fully embraced sin and turned it into a “lifestyle of sin.”
Christians at war with worldliness
A person who claims to be Christian yet “enjoys sinning” is likely unsaved (Hebrews 10:26-27).
Temptations come by the minute, the reason we must put not just a piece, but the “full armor” of God so that Satan will not gain a foothold. (Ephesians 4:27)
Examples of Satanic strongholds
Doubt and Unbelief
Fear & Insecurity
Idolatry & Worldliness
Independence & Divorce
Pride & Unforgiveness
Stupor & Prayerlessness
Ephesians 6:11-18: The Armor of God
Satan prowls like a lion waiting for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:18). Therefore, put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but the following:
- Against the rulers.
- Against the authorities.
- Against the powers of this dark world.
- Against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Therefore put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then with the following:
- The belt of truth buckled around your waist.
- The breastplate of righteousness in place.
- Your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
- Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- Take the helmet of salvation.
- Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
- With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Closing the door and extinguishing strongholds
A stronghold happens when we open the door for Satan. For example, a Christian may have opened the “door of sexual perversion,” and kept it open by “disingenuous repentance.” What follows is a cycle of defeat.
Even the demons believe in Jesus
A person who doesn’t see sin as something to abandon cheapens the grace of Jesus. The devils know scriptures, they also believe Jesus is God’s son, yet they will never be saved. (Mark 3:11; James 2:9)
Angels and demons do not have second chances (2 Peter 2:4), but we do. God loves us and gave Jesus, our Redeemer. (John 3:16)
Merely praying the “sinner’s prayer,” without repentance, does not make us Christians.
We don’t have to prove anything to God; all is by His grace. But when we say we believe, we also make a decision, a radical choice to abandon sin (Metanoéo), as Jesus commanded (John 8:11).
“I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me…“
Freedom in Christ: What you need to do to break strongholds in your life
- Identify if there are curses in the family or involvement in deep occultism. If there are, fasting is critical as you dedicate your family to the Lordship of Jesus.
- Throw smut, occult materials, or graven images in your house. Burn them if possible.
- Ask for revelation for any agreement you may have made with spirits. Renounce them by declaring, “I am God’s child because of Jesus’ blood that saved me from sin.” (John 1:12)
- Ask Jesus to reveal sins you refuse to abandon. Confess them and ask Jesus, “Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing heart!” (Psalm 51:10-19)
- Commit to a new lifestyle of fasting, praying, and reading the Bible each day.
- Raise your hands to heaven! Declare audibly that Jesus is LORD of life!
- Now rest in the LORD’s power, grace, love, and mercy.
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.“