Does your church have a ‘Woke Pastor’?
The rise of “woke companies,” “woke Christians,” and now “woke pastors” is a recent phenomenon that began in the United States a year after the atheist group Black Lives Matter gained traction in 2020. The word woke by itself is supposed to carry a positive meaning for social justice. However, it quickly became a false ideology that purports institutional racism against Blacks in America.
Your pastor may be a deceiving “Judas goat”
The job of a sheepdog is to gather the flock and lead them to a safe and green pasture or back to their pen. They obey the sheepdog because they’re scared of it though it means no harm.
On the other hand, a “Judas goat” is trained to mix with the sheep and pretend to be one of them. When the day of slaughter comes, the “Judas goat” leads the herd to the loading truck and jumps out quickly just before they’re led to the slaughterhouse.
Just like the Judas goat, “woke pastors” associate themselves with Christianity—but rarely quote Bible verses in their proper context.
Blessing is the centerpiece of their Christianity
Oral Roberts is considered the father of charismatic evangelism. His concept of “Seed Faith” (Blessing Pact), which became popular in the 1950s, puts heavy emphasis on “gifts.” In a way, we can say that he is the father of the prosperity gospel.
Today, a new kind of Gospel is purported by “superstar preachers” on social media. Their message center on good health, success, and prosperity. Others are absorbed in politics and racial justice that endangers the Gospel.
The idolaters eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows you need them. But seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness first, and all these things will be provided for you.
How to spot a woke pastor?
- They are usually associated with the charismatic movement or deeply emphasize the worship and the direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Although their sermons often talk about God’s power and desire to shower you with wealth, health, and success.
- They seldom or do not talk at all about sin, repentance, and the exegetic interpretation of scriptures.
- Woke pastors are usually women with pastoral authority who support the LGBTQ lifestyle.
- A trans pastor is a woke pastor.