What do I do to become a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ
What does being ‘Christian’ mean?
The early followers of Jesus were called Christians because He was called “the Christ.” It means the Messiah or savior. Christianity is a spiritual movement, not a religion called “the Way.”
Christianity is a spiritual movement, not a religion
Why should I follow Jesus?
- To “follow, obey, and know” Jesus is to—”follow, obey, and know” God the Father.
- You will be saved from God’s wrath if you believe and receive Jesus.
- Jesus promised to be with us, especially in your darkest moment.
- He also promised to give us everlasting life as we await His second return.
- Jesus will make all things new on that day.
What do I do to be a Christian?
- Believe and receive Jesus as GOD of your life by asking and talking to Him.
- Declare His Lordship over your life by abiding in Jesus who commands us to love one another, help one another, and forgive one another.
- Repent and seek sanctification by offering your body a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.
Believe and receive Jesus by asking Him!
What happens next?
- Read the Bible and talk to God.
- Grow in Christ by joining a youth group or small Bible study group.
- Pray for a church that preaches the Word faithfully. Avoid churches that center on prosperity and humanism.