Which God or gods should I believe?
CNN earned the moniker “fake news,” but like most mainstream media, it’s not only biased news we should worry about. Most of them have a robust left-liberal agenda that appears rooted in demonic ideology. In fact, CNN published a blog, “Why You Don’t Need God,” which is anti-Biblical.
Given a long list of gods, it’s confusing who to follow; why bother if life is good? No wonder atheist Karl Marx spoke of religion as an “opiate for the masses.” Darwin said we evolved from monkeys, and only the weak ones need God—but the opposite is true.
Bertrand Russel, a foremost philosopher of the 20th century, said there is no evidence of a designer. But for Reinhold Niebuhr, a prominent political philosopher, many like him isolate egoism, pride, and hypocrisy that can prevent choosing God.
The most popular gods since antiquity
- Oriental gods – In Hinduism, there are 33 million gods. Buddhism, Taoism, on the other hand, may have one god, but it’s impersonal and not omnipotent. Sikhism is monotheistic; their god can be described as an impersonal force.
- Egyptian gods – Known gods are Isis, Osiris, Horus, Amun, Ra. There are over 2,000 deities in the Egyptian pantheon.
- Roman gods – The most popular are Jupiter, Venus, Apollo, but there are 67 different gods and goddesses in the Roman pantheon, excluding demigods. The Roman Emperors were also considered gods to be worshipped.
- Greek gods – Zeus is the “top god” among the 12 Olympian gods of Greece.
- Persian gods – Before the monotheistic Zoroastrianism was established, there are 12 gods in Persian Mythology. They worship Ahura Mazda, creator of all things.
- Islamic god – “Allah” is their powerful God often mistaken to be the same God of the Jews and Christians—it is not. Allah’s teachings are incompatible with Christian doctrines. [Nabeel Qureshi testimony]
Immaculate Queen: Mary of the Catholics may not be “God,” but she is worshipped and declared co-mediatrix of “King Jesus.” The title immaculate and queen runs contrary to scriptures. In 2019, Pope Francis said declaring Mary as co-mediatrix is foolishness.
Difference between Christian God and other religions
|GODS OF ANTIQUITY||JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD|
|Person of God||One God to millions of gods||One God, in three persons.|
|Relationship||Impersonal.||God seeks a personal relationship.|
|Revelation||Impersonal.||God became man in the person of Jesus.|
|Promises||They make no promises.||Jesus made promises.|
|Punishment||There is no eternal punishment.||Hell awaits for the wicked.|
|Salvation||Nirvana, reincarnation, unknown.||Resurrection of the dead and eternity in heaven.|
There is only one God, His name is Jesus
John MacArthur said, “All religions of the world are satanic and they all hate GOD, they don’t know GOD, they don’t know CHRIST, that is Satan’s great deception. The Jews, the Romans, all the other false-religions have created their own god, a fictitious deity that does not exist and the name of the non-existent deity is really Satan masquerading to persecute Christians.”
The mystery of God’s Trinity is a lot to digest, but the point is, God came down from heaven in the person of Jesus to save you. In a world of uncertainty, we have a “known” Father in heaven who we can trust for an “unknown future.” [Corrie Ten Boom]
we have a “known” Father in heaven who we can trust for an “unknown future.
To know Jesus is to know God
It’s easy to say, “I believe in God,” but even the demons believe, and they tremble with fear. To believe God is also to repent of your sins, to change our mind about who God is, and seek to follow Him.
“11 For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you shall call upon Me, and you shall come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You shall seek Me and find Me when you shall search for Me with all your heart.”