Is God a fairy tale story, a fable desperate men believe?
In 2011, Stephen Hawking regarded heaven as a ‘fairy story for people afraid of the dark.’ The 69-year-old theoretical physicist, cosmologist also said, “Our brains switch off like ‘broken down computers’ when we die. He was a devout atheist.
Like Hawking, Lennox is also a critical thinker. A year younger than him, John Lennox a genius mathematician, bioethicist, and a Doctor of Philosophy. But unlike him, Lennox has hope in the light of Christ.
God is a ‘fairy tale for those afraid of the light.
Six evidences why God is not a fairy tale story
- There are 55 Old Testament prophecies about Jesus fullfilled and there are about 100 more foretold in the near future. [Probability of chance]
- Over 2,500 prophecies in the Bible pointing to God have already been fulfilled. [Bible evidence]
- The resurrection of God’s son Jesus testifies God’s omnipotence over life and death. [Historical Jesus, case for Christ]
- Creation speaks of the majesty, power, and love of God, creator of heaven and earth. [Genesis history]
- Testimonies of atheists who desperately wanted to disprove God, ended up believing. [Intellectual atheists who became Christians]
- Modern-day testimonies of encounters with Jesus and miracles happening today.
“Approximately 2,500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2,000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors.”
– Astrophysicist Hugh Ross –
God is not a fairy story, the reason we have hope
Stephen was hailed genius in relativity theory and quantum mechanics. He died in 2018. No matter what he’s accomplished, like the rest of us, Hawkings awaits God’s final judgment.
Professor Lennox lives knowing he has hope in Christ. For him, ‘God is not a fairy story,’ but our creator who promised ‘believers‘ life-everlasting.
Did I choose God, or He chose me?