Is God and kingdom in heaven a fairy tale story or a fable desperate men believe?
In 2011, theoretical physicist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking regarded heaven and God as a “fairy story for people afraid of the dark.” There’s no life after death for him; after all, he was a devout atheist.
In contrast, Oxford Professor of Mathematics, Bioethicist, and a Doctor of Philosophy John Lennox described atheism as delusions. He said, “God is a fairy tale is for those afraid of the light.”
Lennox is also a critical thinker, but unlike Hawking, he has hope in the light of Christ.
God is a ‘fairy tale for those afraid of the light.
GOD IS GIVING YOU ONE LAST CHANCE.
Six evidences why God and the promise of heaven is not a fairy story
- There are 55 Old Testament prophecies about Jesus fullfilled and there are about 100 more foretold in the near future. [Probability of chance]
- Over 2,500 prophecies in the Bible pointing to God have already been fulfilled. [Bible evidence]
- The resurrection of God’s son Jesus testifies God’s omnipotence over life and death. [Historical Jesus, case for Christ]
- Creation speaks of the majesty, power, and love of God, creator of heaven and earth. [Genesis history]
- Testimonies of atheists who desperately wanted to disprove God, ended up believing. [Intellectual atheists who became Christians]
- Modern-day testimonies of encounters with Jesus and miracles happening today.
Astrophysicist Hugh Ross
Approximately 2,500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2,000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors.
DID I CHOOSE GOD OR DID HE CHOOSE ME?
The destiny of Stephen Hakwings vs. John Lennox
Stephen Hawkings may be a genius in relativity theory and quantum mechanics, but he is dead. No matter what he’s accomplished, like the rest of us, Hawkings awaits God’s final judgment. Those who have Jesus will be saved from the fires of hell.
Professor Lennox lives knowing he has eternal hope. For believers in Christ, ‘Jesus is not a fairy story.’ He is God!, our King, who will transform us into glorified bodies and grant us eternal joy in His father’s presence.