About John15 Rocks – School Club
The School Club is a project of John15.Rocks Center, Inc that aims to promote values formation in schools and through social media. We hope to influence Generation Z to be productive and responsible. We will do this through the DepEd recognized Life at the Crossroads (LATC) curriculum and through ‘Life Coach’ volunteers.
Our mission: To equip Generation Z with values formation rooted in Filipino and Biblical morals. We want to help students with their physical, mental, emotional, social, moral, and spiritual discipline and influence their value system by addressing the following:
● Purity and godly living.
● Music and social media habits.
● Holding onto Filipino traditions.
● Aiming for academic excellence.
● Providing Life Coach mentoring.
The club officers include an elected President, Deputy VP, Treasurer, and Secretary. They are guided by the club Constitution and Bylaws, and managed by the following overseers:
● School Club Adviser
● School Club Director (SD)
● Campus Trainer volunteers (CT)
● Life Coach volunteers (LC)
1. Weekly “Life Group”
The first two weeks discusses the LATC curriculum. It’s a 45-minutes classroom discussion with a breakout. The last two weeks is a discussion of a music with group interpretation or a short presentation. Each group is facilitated by a “Group Leader” who is an officer, a volunteer member, or someone from J15RC.
2. Annual Projects
Each year, the club will organize at least two schoolwide projects. J15RC will help provide a resource speaker for the projects.
● Overcoming depression (Seminar)
● Sino Ako? (Seminar on HIV and Identity Issue)
● Speak Life! (Morning greeters)
● Community Outreach
● Christian Music Jam
3. Counseling Referral Program or CRP
The CRP is a special program that refers to club members in need of specialized counseling.
4. District-wide Activities in the future
● Mini-Sports Fest
● Music Composition
● Kultura Filipinas Art Contest
The 15-point agenda of the school club
MODULE 1/3 – LATC (Cru)
Module 1 will use LATC DepEd Curriculum. It is a year long weekly small group activity that includes – interactive lessons, games, stories, small group discussions, role playing, and personal-reflection journaling. Topics as follows:
1. New start
2. Understanding oneself
3. Right choices
4. Respecting others
MODULE 2/3 – Everyday Christian Parent
Module 2 is optional. It is a series of parenting seminars held at the school grounds. It aims to address and educate parents on the following issues:
6. Couple relationship (Strengthening, finances)
7. Solving people puzzles (Personality profile)
8. Love language (Connecting)
9. Biblical parenting (Godly parenting)
10. Discipline by grace (Child Training)
MODULE 3/3 – Family Camp
Module 3 is an optional retreat for the family.
11. God’s design for success
12. Inner healing
13. Team building
14. Biblical values for family
15. Where do we go from here
We need partners
We are currently establishing the school club in selected areas and we need volunteers. You can also help by sponsoring a school club program or activity.