The woes of the Black community in America
Black Lives Matter (BLM), created in 2013, was in response to the repetitive police brutality. They feel targeted by “militarized police” as first responders. Their cruces are to defund police, reparation, and economic justice.
Christian liberals kowtowed to appease the group—others like Christianity Today outspoken in supporting the BLM cause.
Systemic Racism, police brutality—a myth, says Candice Owens
“Equality and diversity” is thriving in America. Everyone has access to free food, education, and hospital benefits. Yet there’s so much Black poverty. BLM blames it on systemic racism and police brutality that justifies the looting, death, and assault of innocent people.
What mainstream media propagate
BLM also blames the “system” for their lack of education, housing, and health woes that Mainstream Media (MSM) propagate. Like other successful Blacks, Blacks and Asians minorities in America have privileges and equal opportunities. Yet Asians thrive more than blacks.
Candace Owens, a Black American activist, wants to change her community’s mindset. She said in her Facebook post, “We allow our Black youth to be programmed by Satanic media that tells them they will never be anything…, MIGHT AS WELL lead lives of anger, crime…”
There is ‘Black Privilege’
Instead of blaming others, Blacks should reflect the freedom and privilege they have in America. For example, Black history is celebrated in schools. There are black Hollywood superstars, professors, doctors, policemen, lawmakers, and “sports gods.”
A Black President was elected twice, which was unimaginable five decades ago. They even have their own “Black National Anthem” and an ‘Miss Black America pageant’ contest. In addition to 17 Black holidays.
Police Brutality Myth
- Blacks & Latinos are three times most likely to be killed than Whites by police.
- Blacks are more likely to kill cops than being killed by cops according to FBI data.
- An average of 150 police officers dies on duty each year.
- Police shooting occurs more with Blacks. About 62% of robberies, 57% murder, and 45% assault are committed by Blacks in the US, despite their 15% population. (PragerU)
- In 2019, 14 unarmed blacks were fatally shot, while 25 unarmed whites killed by police. The 14 blacks killed represents a low 0.2% out of the 7,300 black homicide in 2019, a few months before the Floyd death. (USA Today)
Whose fault it is?
Like most conservative figures, Candace points the blame on “Mainstream Media” and the destructive influence of far-left democrats. For her, police brutality that ignited the riots is ridiculous. Others like Carol Swain say BLM is a Marxist-Atheist movement.
Fatherlessness is the most significant factor that resulted in millions of “unguided Black teenagers.” But as adults, we can choose to be responsible for our own actions and not blame others.
Violence among Blacks-on-Blacks
- On average, more than 5,000 Blacks are killed by other Blacks yearly.
- At least 90% of “Black homicide” are killed by “other Blacks.”
- In Chicago, 80% of known murder suspects in 2015 were Black.
- About 36% of violent crimes are by Blacks nationwide, despite representing only 13% of the total population.
- Over 72% of Blacks were born out of wedlock, resulting in more impoverished families, which makes it more difficult for them to finish college and find good jobs.
- Black men have higher rates of recidivism, blamed on the “system.”
Black Lives Matter, athletes, entertainers to blame
Recently, two sheriffs shot in an ambush-style by a black. Protesters blocked the hospital entrance where they were taken and yelled, “We hope they die.” Candice vents her frustration and blames BLM, LeBron James, and other Hollywood celebrities.
Why does this happen?
Candice Owens explains, “Because pea-brained celebrities that are idolized like [LeBron] tell young black men that they are ‘literally being hunted.’ This is the natural result of such hyperbolic, dishonest rhetoric.”
What Blacks can learn from the Jewish people
The Jews best exemplify positive group thinking. Antisemitism has not broken them. People spat on their faces, Hitler killed 6 million of them. Today, Israel thrives in a desert. Instead of blaming White and Arabs, the Jews worked hard to flourish.
We are responsible for our actions as we are accountable to God as individuals. We must forgive and let go of the past, and it’s only possible if we have the “mindset of Christ.”
We are responsible for our actions as we are accountable to God as individuals.