The bad news: We are sinners destined for God’s wrath
- Romans 3:10 “As it is written, ‘there is none righteous, not even one”
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.”
The good news: Jesus died and rose again, so we may be saved from hell
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us”
How can I be sure of going to heaven?
- Romans 10:9-10 “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth, he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
- Romans 10:13 “For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
How do I become God’s child?
- Galatians 3:26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18 “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty.”
The promises of Jesus
- John 10:10 Jesus said, “A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance…”
- John 14:21 “Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
- 1 John 5:12 “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.”
– PRAYER –
“Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. By faith, I believe that your blood shed on the cross is the full payment for my sins. I receive you as my Savior & declare Jesus Christ is Lord. Today, I have eternal life and God’s child”.
“Mold me, guide me, and speak to me through the Holy Spirit. Grant me the wisdom, will, and joy to follow you from this day on”.
– Amen –