9-Reasons why God doesn’t answer our prayers
A lot of people gave up praying to God because He doesn’t seem to answer, or at least the way they want Him to answer. Many times we put God in a box and though we think we humbly pray, we are actually telling Him to do and what we want. However, God only answers, according to His will and purpose – He is God after all (1 John 5:14).
→ Powerful declarations in Jesus name.
Prophet Daniel and Michael the Archangel
In the book of Daniel 10:12, the prophet Daniel became anxious because his prayer seemed unheard. An angel appeared and said, “Do not be afraid, the first day you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard“.
The angel was delayed because he was in a battle (against demonic forces), and had difficulty until Michael, one of the chief princes and a powerful angel of God, came to help the angel who was on the way to minister to Daniel. From the first day that Daniel humbled himself and prayed to God, his prayers were immediately heard.(Read full commentary)
your words were heard
→ Teens lost at sea, God answers with “Amen.”
Reasons you should consider
The “Daniel” story may not apply to everyone but surely, God hears our prayers. However, we should also examine if we’re praying for the right reasons. Ask yourself if you could be guilty of any of the following assumptions and motives.
1. Do I have an unconfessed sin that hinders my prayer? (Isaiah 59:2)
2. Is God telling me to wait and be patient? (Romans 8:25)
3. Does my motive in praying include a hint of selfishness or laziness? (Philippians 2:3 )
4. Does my prayer put God in a box by claiming something with wrong motives? (James 4:3)
5. Am I praying to a different Jesus? (2 Corinthians 11:4)
6. God speaks through the Bible often but you’re not reading it daily. (Joshua 1:8)
7. Unconsciously refusing God’s way of “teaching and training” to become a better person. (Hebrews 10:36)
8. Ultimately, your faith is being tested, will continue to believe? (James 1:3-4)
9. God constantly talks to His children but you subconsciously ignore it because you are focused on wrong motives. (James 4:3)
→ Is the Bible the true word of God?