5-Reasons why the ‘Virgin Mary’ that Catholics worship, is not the same as the ‘real mother’ of Jesus in the Bible
In the 2021 New Year’s Day homily, Pope Francis reflected on three words about Mary, who he calls the “Mother of God.” He also said, “Mary is the road we must travel to reach Jesus.” In contrast, Jesus tells us to come to Him directly. (Matthew 11:28-30)
1. Catholics worship “Mama Mary“
Catholics deny worshipping Mary. Although God highly favors her, Mary still needs a savior. ALL fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23); no one is righteous, not even one (Romans 3:10).
Surely, Mary would not want people to worship her, only her son Jesus. “Catholics worship this Mary” because of what the pope teaches:
- She is regarded as “Queen of heaven.”
- Mary is declared “co-mediatrix,” making her equal to Jesus.
- To say “Hail, Holy Queen of heaven” is blasphemy.
- Catholics ask for her intercession, which is wrong.
- Her devotees kiss and bow before her “man-made” idol statue.
- Many claim she’s able to dispense miracles and favors, but so can Satan.
- Devotions to Mary include the rosary, rooted in “pagan babbling.”
- Her idol statue is most prominent in Catholic celebrations.
- There are billions of “Marian” devotees dedicated to her adoration.
Mary still needs a savior.
2. It is blasphemous to call Mary a co-redeemer
Early fathers declared Mary is ‘Co-Redemptrix’ (C 968) and “preserved from sin” (C 411) to justify her veneration. Both are blasphemy because ALL have sinned and inherited the sins of Adam and Eve. (Romans 3:23; 5:12)
Mary is mother of Jesus, not the mother of God
Mary is the Mother of Jesus, but to say she is “Mother of God” (Theotokos) makes her God (C 466; 495; 509). After its decree in 431 AD, Catholics accepted it as truth incorporated it in prayers.
Mary is the mother of Jesus, not Mother of God.
3. Rosary is a pagan tradition that worships Mary
Praying with beads is a traditional pagan practice. In fact, witches have rosaries too. If Rosary were necessary, the Apostles would have taught it.
Mary is worshipped each time the Catholic Rosary is recited. The phrase “Hail Mary” is to be repeated several times. In contrast, Jesus commands us to pray directly to God the Father and worship Him alone.
“And when you are praying, do not use thoughtless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard because of their many words.”
we can talk to God directly because of Jesus.
4. “Salve Regina” is a blatant deception
“Salve Regina” means Hail Holy Queen, and it pours out, “Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!” This is a blatant deception because of the following:
- There is NO “Queen,” only “King Jesus” in the Bible.
- Only God gives mercy (Hebrews 4:16)
- Our only hope is Jesus; no one else (John 14:6)
In a filiopietistic culture, Catholicism introduced “Papa Jesus” to justify “Baby Jesus” or the “Santo Niño,” which are also venerated. Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light and will deceive many. (2 Corinthians 11:14)
There is NO “Queen,” only “King Jesus” in the Bible.
5. “Mother and Child” in pagan tradition
Since ancient times, Satan has constantly introduced the worship of a “Queen goddess.” Humans are drawn to a ‘mother figure.’ In Babylon, she is Semiramis and Tammuz, and In Eygpt, she is Isis and Horus.
Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
Should we pray to Mary?
The “REAL MARY” mother of Jesus on earth is worthy to be emulated, not prayed to. She was highly favored among women. She lived a life of humility and devotion to God. Mary is in heaven with Jesus, and He alone intercedes for us, not His mother on earth. (Romans 8:34). Look to Jesus!
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.